In the period prior to 1951, our then Parish Priest, Fr Fitzgerald, with vision saw a need for Catholic Education and a bonding of our Faith Community. He approached the Sisters of St Joseph who responded positively in faith and trust in keeping with Mary MacKillop's vision "Never see a need without trying to find a solution..." and in January 1951, St Peters "became".
Early students of St Peter's Caboolture
The school opened using the Parish Church, (now Mary McKillop Hall) with an enrolment of 54 children. Our Foundation Principal Sr Juan, with Sr Timothy and Sr Salome, began their community, as no convent was immediately available, in borrowed premises, the Presbytery, with the Priest, Fr Fitzgerald taking up temporary residence kindly given by a Parish family (now a Parish house situated adjacent to the school playground).
A TRIBUTE TO OUR PARISH PRIESTS Fr Fitzgerald, Fr James Conneely, Fr Frank Arthurs, Fr Pat Dowd and Fr Brian Taylor and Fr Graham Gatehouse Nov 1992—May 2000, Fr Wrex Woolnough 2000-2017; Fr David Pascoe 2018 to present.OUR PRINCIPALS Sr Juan McGrath, Sr Anthony (now Elizabeth) Daly, Sr Chanel Thompson, Sr Pauline Shannon, Joseph Francis McGinley, Sr Andrea Lynam, Sr Julianna Fox, Sr Juanita Scari, Sr Margaret Anne O'Gorman, Sr Lawrence Vines, Sr Albert (now Margaret Mary) Hanrahan, Sr Elaine Smith, Sr Noela Moynihan, Sr Patricia Goffey, (Acting Principals) - Mr Bernie McKenna & Mr Mich Welch -1990 & 1991; Sr Margaret Cleary 1992—2002, Mark Creevey 2002—2007, Jim Midgley 2007- 2014, Peter Surawski 2015 - 2021, Matt Mackinlay 2022 - present.